from West Side Systems...
Small, simple, affordable tools for the lighting
designer and electrician
Coming summer 2009:
Palm OS 5 versions of original PocketLighting tools
(Palm may be abandoning the Palm OS, but we're not)
Pocket Lighting is a series of very inexpensive mini-applications for
Palm OS organizers. Using it is as simple as 1,2,3!
1 - Download
You can download the whole series right here. The download is about 100k,
and the installed applications will take between 110-250k of memory on your
organizer, depending on how many titles you install.
Note: These are not compatible with Palm OS 5 devices.
Download PocketLighting.sit for installation
from a Mac
Download PocketLighting.zip for installation
2 - Install
After downloading, install Pocket Lighting on your Palm organizer
and put it to work as a lighting assistant.
3 - Register
Pocket Lighting titles run in demo mode until registered. Click
Here to go to the order page to buy registration codes which turn those
demos into fully functional tools. Some demos are time-limited, some are
If you want to read more about Pocket Lighting, then check out the descriptions
and pictures on this page. Pocket Lighting is only available here, from this web page,
so bookmark it now!
Pocket Lighting works on Palm OS devices including the Palm, Handspring
Visor, IBM WorkPad, Sony Clie, etc. A version that is compatible with
Palm OS 5 and PocketPC devices will be released soon.
All information on this page is subject to change, usually for the better.
Find beam sizes and illumination for common lighting fixtures.
- Photometric data for over 160 fixtures and PAR beam types: Source Four,
SL, Shakespeare, zooms, fresnels and more -- in the palm of your hand!
- Find beam and field sizes, illumination levels, throw distances, and
- Select alternate lamps for footcandle calculations (more than 80 lamps
- Display information numerically or graphically
- Periodic free updates as new fixtures are released (and old ones are
Quickly calculate multi-universe DMX addresses.
- Enter a device's local DMX address setting plus universe number to calculate
its global DMX address for softpatch
- Enter global DMX address plus universe number to calculate local address
- Changing the local address or universe calculates the global address
- Changing the global address calulates the universe and local address
- Any value can be stepped up or down with one tap
- Also displays binary translation of local DMX address to help with setting
Price: $5.12 (of course)
Timer: Multi-part stopwatch
Profiles: Graphic profile
- Capture multiple exact timings during stage action to aid in constructing
- Tap "Start", then at each cue point tap "Mark" to
record beginning and ending times of parts or autofollows
- No more guessing at exact up/down/delay/wait timings
- Keeps time even when turned off; measure long periods without draining
- Finger-friendly big buttons allow control without a stylus
- Draw your desired profile with the stylus, tap "Nums", and
read the percentage levels
- Enter numbers, tap "Draw" and see the graphic profile shape
- Use for cue profiling or dimmer profiling
- Store up to ten named profiles
Price for Timer and Profiles bundle:
Gel color name and number cross-reference.
- Roscolux, Lee, GAM and Cinegel libraries included - over 600 colors.
- Enter a number and see all colors which are identified by that number.
- Enter a word to see all colors having that word in the name.
- Cross-check ambiguous numbers or ambiguous names.
Projection Magic - Based on Mark Mongold's classic projection
cool lighting products from West Side Systems:
LXCalc - Watts/volts/amps, wire sizing, voltage drop, and more electrical
Axis Access - Moving light attribute channel calcutator.
Stay tuned for more, or click
here to drop us an email we will keep you informed as new titles are
Virtual Light Lab lighting desktop lighting
Cue Conversion console disk translation service.